NaNoWriMo!!!

For those of you who don't know, November is National Novel Writer's Month and the NaNoWriMo organization (at www.nanowrimo.org) sponsor a challenge to novel writers that they will complete 50,000 words toward their novel in the month of November. I've never done NaNo before, 50,000 words seemed like a crap-ton to get done in one month, and I didn't know if I wanted to commit to something like that. I have a few local friends who are writers who have been discussing doing NaNo recently, but honestly, I didn't think I was going to be one of them.

Then today, I just signed up for it on a whim! :) I figured that by officially signing up for something that will basically keep me accountable, then I'll progress much further on Gayle then if I didn't. Plus, through the course of updating my info on the website, I found out I've already written 13,450 words on Gayle which is pretty awesome! :) Now I'm not shooting for writing an additional 50,000 on top of that 13,450 (to be honest, I don't know if Gayle will be that long before conclusion anyway) so that 13,450 gives me a nice headstart in my eyes. :) I will be posting about my progress on NaNo in addition to my other posts this month. So, wish me luck! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the progress of my novel

Harper Lee and Peppermint Candy by Paula Hennessy

My Mother's Secret by J.L. Witterick