Muse popped in while I was asleep

I had a dream the other night where a young man who had autism found out that federal agents were trying to find him to take him into custody. He thinks it is because his best friend, who also has autism, has been having strange visions and has been afraid that the visions are actually telling him something if he can only figure it out. The young man tries to hide from the agents in his home, and to avoid detection, he has to be very quiet and very still. This is when his own visions begin. The premise is that in the future certain individuals with autism have the capacity to detect subtle and wide-ranging patterns in people and society thereby attaining the possibility to predict the future. I can't tell yet if the government wants to use these individuals for their own gains or if they want to eliminate them because they could potentially predict things that make them a threat. It could probably be both depending on the individual. I really like this idea and could see myself expanding it into a book possibly after the Gayle series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the progress of my novel

Harper Lee and Peppermint Candy by Paula Hennessy

My Mother's Secret by J.L. Witterick